Rust No More™ - Guaranteed to Stop Rust!
* Rust No More™ is tested as the best product on the market for stopping rust!
* Five Year Guarantee against Rust!
* Direct to rust primer for all your rusty metal needs.
* Works on clean steel or rusty steel, galvanized metal, zinc, aluminum, tin or previously painted surfaces.
* Is a universal paint primer, and a "rust converting" paint primer.
* Can overcoat with all different types of paint - no restrictions.
• RUST NO MORE™ needs no special surface treatment.
• RUST NO MORE™ needs no sanding or deglossing.
• RUST NO MORE™ penetrates the porous rust reaching the
• RUST NO MORE™ will not lift, blister, or peel away from its leading edge.
• RUST NO MORE™ tested scientifically against leading
rust/corrosion control products
* Needs no sanding or deglossing.
* Is a self-etching primer that "bites" into the painted surface.
* Is a unique 1-step process.
• Can be applied by brush, roller, conventional spray or airless spray.
SUGGESTED USES: clean steel, rusty steel, zinc galvanized
metal, hot dip zinc galvanized metal, core tan steel, aluminum, tin, previously painted surfaces, great for barbecues.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
LIMITATIONS: Do not apply if material, substrate or ambient
temperature is below 40°F or above 95°F.
VEHICLE TYPE: Phenolic Resin
SOLVENT TYPE: High Flash Naphtha, Xylene
VOC: 2.9 lbs. / gal (350 grams / liter)
SOLIDS BY WEIGHT: 53%
WEIGHT PER GALLON: 10.2 lbs. per gallon (varies by color)
RECOMMENDED DRY FILM: 4.0 mils
COVERAGE: Theoretical coverage at two mils dry is 400
square feet per gallon, and recommended thickness of 4 mils
dry would require 2 full coats. Material losses during mixing and application will vary and must be taken into consideration. Expect 50% less coverage on bare, rough or sandblasted surfaces.
VISCOSITY AT 75°F (24°C): 70-80 KU
AVERAGE DRY TIME - 77°F: Dries to touch in 4 hours.
Lower temperatures & higher humidity will slow down dry
RECOAT TIMES - 77°F: Recoat in 4-6 hours. Longer times
are needed for lower temperatures.
RECOMMENDED REDUCER: Use as packaged. Thinning
product may make this product non compliant in your local
RESISTANCE TO: Chemical Resistance, Abrasion, Oils,
Grease, Rust, Corrosion, Mildew, Chipping and Fading
RECOMMENDED PRIMER: Rust No More™ Primer
APPLICATION: Brush, Spray or Roller
Roll: 3/8” - 1/2” nap mohair metal, lambskin, phenolic core
roller. Keep roller wet. Roll in one direction, rewet, then cross roll. Product to be used as packaged. Reducing may make this product non-compliant in your local area.
Spray: Conventional Air Gravity Feed 59-70 psi, Tip Size
.055-.070, Airless 2200-2500 psi, Tip Size .013-.017.
SURFACE PREPARATION: For optimum performance, scrape
off loose rust and paint with a wire brush, and also remove
all dirt, oils and grease. Solvent wipe down to remove all
residue. Apply topcoat.
POT LIFE: Not Applicable
SHELF LIFE: Minimum 24 months
MIXING: Mix for 10 minutes, making sure that all solid material is mixed thoroughly.
PACKAGE: 1 Gallon cans
CLEANUP: Xylene or Lacquer Thinner for Equipment.