View full product details
- Marine Alkyd 50 is a single component marine grade alkyd finish. High gloss and good color retention. Fast drying and good leveling characteristics. Good resistance to chemicals cleaners and abrasion. Special colors are available.
SAFETY INFORMATION REQUEST FORM FAQ
- Intended use: Cosmetic finish for above water areas, interiors, topsides and houses.
- Product Info: Color Various Finish / sheen High gloss Curing agent Not applicable, one part only Volume solids 52 - 54% ±2% depending on color Mix ratio Not applicable, one part only Typical film thickness 1.5 – 2.5 mils DFT Theo coverage 573 square feet per gallon @ 1.5 mil DFT Flash point > 100 degree F Dry Times 40F 50F 75F 90F Touch dry 12 hr 8 hr 4 hr 3 hr Hard dry 36 hr 24 hr 10 hr 8 hr Overcoating 36 hr 24 hr 10 hr 8 hr * unlimited overcoat, no maximum overcoat time over itself
- Regulatory Data: VOC 363 grams /liter or 295 grams per kg
- Systems and Compatibility: MARINE ALKYD 50 must only be applied over recommended anticorrosive primers (MARINE AC 70, MARINE ALKYD PRIMER), or clean and prepared alkyd finishes.
- Surface Preparation: Major refurbishment: MARINE ALKYD 50 must only be applied over recommended anticorrosive primers. Primers must be clean, dry and free of contamination. MARINE ALKYD 50 must be applied within the overcoating intervals. Maintenance and Repair: High pressure water wash using 3000 psi minimum to remove all contamination. Damaged areas should be prepared to Near White Blast SSPC-SP10 (Sa2.5). Repair any defects revealed after the blast. Do not allow surface to flash rust before application of MARINE AC 70 or MARINE ALKYD PRIMER. Primed surface must be dry and free of all contamination prior to the application of MARINE ALKYD 50. Onboard Maintenance: Wash surface with fresh water to remove all contaminants. Remove all loosely adhered paint. Damaged areas should be prepared to Power Tool Clean SSPC-SP3 (St 3) or Commercial Blast SSPC-SP6 (Sa2). Prime bare steel surface with MARINE ALKYD PRIMER or MARINE AC 70. Apply MARINE ALKYD 50 within the dry times specified by the primer data sheet.
- Application data: Application: Apply by airless spray, brush or roll.
- Mixing: One part paint, should be mixed thoroughly before application. Thinning: Not recommended. If thinning is necessary, add 5% of thinner by volume. Use THINNER 975 for exterior use only. Use THINNER 974 for interior use or brushing.
- Airless Spray: Airless spray is recommended. • Tip size is 13 - 19 thou. • Output fluid pressure at spray tip 2000 psi • Use water separator in line
- Conventional Spray: Conventional spray is not recommended.
- Brush: Brush use is recommended for small areas only. Multiple coats may be required to achieve specified film thickness.
- Roller: Roller use is recommended for small areas only. Multiple coats may be required to achieve specified film thickness. Use 1/4" medium nap roller cover.
- Cleaner: THINNER 974 or 975. Cleanup: Flush all equipment with THINNER 974 or 975. Filter material prior to use. Flush spray equipment during heavy use. Dispose of paint cans in accordance with local regulations. Close lid thoroughly for storage.